Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Workout Wednesday - Toy Story Addition

Wednesday has finally arrived in the longest week ever. Which means, it's time for another Workout Wednesday with Skinny Meg!


First of all, last night was my first go-around with JMBR Phase 3, Disc 10. There is only one word to describe this one,   A-MAZ-ING! I absolutely loved it. It is, by far, the hardest workout I have ever done. I have never sweat so much in my life. It was painful, exhausting, and I thought I was going to pass out at one point, but I loved every second of it. I'm definitely feeling it in my entire body today. Hopefully I won't be too sore for my run tonight!


-----

On to Workout Wednesday. As I've mentioned before, more often than not, I work out with my two-year-old. Once I came to the conclusion that my workouts were as much of a priority as getting up and going to work in the morning, I knew I had to find a way to incorporate it in without being able to easily find excuses.

Wyatt is a horrible, and I do mean horrible, sleeper. 5 am is sleeping in for us if that gives you any idea. It's just he and I at home, so going to the gym is not an option. Waking up at 3am to be sure and get it in before he wakes up is also not an option. No way, Jose'. I tried working out around 8:30/9pm after he was asleep, and I was too exhausted to push myself through a workout. This led to the conclusion of working out while he is awake.


Please excuse the mess, I was packing for a trip.

I had many concerns about this and a big internal debate over it. The last thing I wanted was to lose precious time with my son when I feel like I get so little as it is during the work week. (Why can't money grow on trees?). I was concerned that he'd be playing in his room by himself, get into things, cry and whine, etc... But, I got lucky. Every evening (sometimes in the morning, depending on the day) we go into my room before dinner and workout together. He mimics the moves, yells back at Jillians, lifts 2 lb weights and jumps around like a crazy person. Now, don't get me wrong, some days go better than others. There are times I have to hit pause to get him a drink, or to have a little chat. There are days he brings his toys in and plays on my bed. And even the rare occasion that he wants nothing to do with it and goes and does his own thing for a few minutes. But overall, it's been a great experience for us. Wyatt actually looks forward to it and asks me to put a workout in.



So with this in mind, and the fact that I will be completing JMBR in the next 4 weeks, I've been browsing workouts. I came across a Toy Story workout (which Wyatt is obsessed with). This is definitely one we can do together, or he can just watch the movie and mom can workout. Either way. Pretty sure this will have to happen this weekend...


Can't go wrong with a little Toy Story Workout action. There's always to fit a workout in and make it fun!


4 comments:

  1. So great how you've incorporated your son with your workouts! Love the toy story workout. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! My son is my little helper too, this is right up our alley :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...