Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SA (Scale Awareness) Meeting?

Hello. My name is Tiffany and I have a scale addiction. Are there scale awareness support groups? There should be. I've been without the scale for a couple of days now and I am dying here. I have seriously walked into the bathroom several times to weigh myself before remembering that the scale is on a little vaca in the garage. I hope he's enjoying his time there and knows he's missed.



I have never been a weigh-once-a-week type of girl. Never. Even when I've been busy lazy, stuffing my face with sticky finger quesadillas, I weighed myself at least once a day. Watched the scale creep up, stuff my face some more, repeat.

The scale and I have a love/hate relationship. The problem is, he was starting to get in the way of my weightloss. If, on any given time of day, I'd step on the scale and see a really great number, I'd think "Man, I'm awesome. I can afford to go over on my calorie intake a bit (a-hem... a lot)." So I'd eat more, even though I didn't need it. The next time day I stepped on the scale, I'd see a higher number and get really down on myself and it was just becoming a vicious cycle.

On the other hand, this is scary, unknown territory for me. What if I'm not working hard enough this week? What if I'm not losing like I should be? I have no way of knowing for sure! I think I need a paper bag!


I'm having to rely just on myself this week; go outside my comfort zone. I.do.not.like.it. But I put it out there to the blog-a-verse that I would not weigh in until Sunday, so I will continue to suffer my scale withdrawals and sleepless nights to prevent becoming a lying blogger.  

4 days, 2 hours.... 

-----

In other news, I'm linking up with Skinny Meg for Workout Wednesday...



I'm wrapping up Phase 2 of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution this week. If you want a killer shoulder workout, you can check out my recap of Disc 8, Circuit 3 HERE. If you think it's too easy, up the weights girlies!! It's a killer!

Wednesday is cardio day for me, so I'm going for a run this evening in hopes to PR my last 5k time:


---
I'm also linking up with Sami and Jodi for ....


I tried a new recipe last night (found on Pinterest of course). Chicken and Asparagus Broccoli Stir Fry. You can find the recipe HERE. I didn't have asparagus, so I used broccoli and skipped the sesame oil. I served it with some brown rice and it was so good! I realize this picture looks gross, but I promise... it's not. Darn phone camera anyways.










14 comments:

  1. You can do it!
    I used to weigh myself every day- and it killed me. I became a slave to it, especially when my weight would go up- even though I didn't do anything "bad", just chinese food for dinner(hello, salt), or bloating because of lady problems. Honestly I took about 2 months off of weighing myself, and now only do it once a week. It's helped me have a much more normal relationship with my food and with my weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be able to get to that point once the withdrawals go away ;). Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Keep up it up! I don't do stir fries very often, I think I will try this one! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in the same boat as Julia. I weighed myself constantly, then I finally quit cold turkey for a couple weeks. Now I'm back to weighing myself, but only once a week. Maybe you should try taking a longer-term break from the scale?

    Good luck no your run tonight! I hope you get an awesome PR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan on gradually getting longer breaks! I'm doing Jillian's Body Revolution right now, and I finish phase 2 this weekend so I want to check my weight at the end of the phase. Otherwise, I'd torture myself into a long break! ha!

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I hate the scale too!! It's right beside the toilet, so every morning I see it and hop on it! And as always, ruins my day!! It's so hard to not do it, maybe I should just hide it too!!!
    The picture doesn't look gross! Lol! The recipe sounds good, I'm going to try this next week! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been on a break from the scale for almost 6 weeks. In a way I like it, in a way I feel lost without it. I'm going back to it next week and I don't think I'll ever go more than a week without it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about the scale, that's for sure. I could live with weighing in even once a day if I could. It's the multiple times a day that's making it an issue for me! ha!

      Delete
  6. Definitely definitely...Try. In my eating disordered days, and I am going to have to write a blogpost about that, I would TRAVEL with my scale. Yes. No joke. I was going to college in Texas and my family lived in Germany. for Christmas I would but MY scale (cause only MY scale was acceptable) into my HAND LUGGAGE so I could contiue weighing myself. Obviously there was a lot other shit going on with me, but after many years of treatment and what not I decided to pull the plug on the scale...I just recently, what, almost 15 years later allowed one back into my life to get rid of some stubborn 10-15 pounds and it worked well during the weight loss, but once I went into mainteance...boom...the number dictated my mood again. So I tossed it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you have a healthier relationship with the scale! I'll get there someday! Thanks for sharing:)

      Delete
  7. I broke up with my scale and I'm only weighing once a month and that's only because I have to to get a discount on my healthcare at work. I started realizing that I felt amazing after my workouts and when I weighed and didn't see what I wanted, I would get SO angry and SO pissy - it ruined all the other great things I WAS doing! I would wake up in the middle of the night and weigh myself - that's insane...hubby would hide the scale and I would get so mad and make him tell me where it was...it was awful! I'm defintely a scale addict. Now that I'm weighing less often, I don't feel the guilt I used to or beat myself up over one meal that might not have been the best. It's not a license to go nuts, but more of a break for my psyche :) You can do it - it's so much better for our mental health!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like me! I've weighed in the middle of the night too. Pesky scale! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...