Thursday, June 27, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

Linking up for another round of Non-Scale Victories today. I love Thursdays! It's great to have the chance to forget the scale and concentrate on your other successes for the week!

button

1. I've had some big break throughs in my running this week. I'm sensing a trend here with my runs and NSVs. So, to bore you once again with my results:


I woke up Saturday morning with 5 miles in my head. Honestly, I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to complete it, but I had to try. Something really clicked for me last week, and I've been able to push myself so much harder in my JMBR workouts. Why not try with running too? The last 2 miles were rough. I thought I might die a few times, and there was a little walking in the last mile, but I finished! This is the farthest run I have ever done in my life! Such an awesome feeling.

Wednesdays are my cardio day, and Wyatt is usually hanging with his dad, so it's the one guaranteed day a week I get to run. Last night I decided to go for speed, not distance...




I am still in shock over my time! I thought it would be months before I had a mile under 10 minutes.

2. I've been making an effort to actually get ready for the day. Paint my face on, do my hair, wear real clothes. The things that I did ever day pre-mommy duty and that have severely been slacking the past few years. Yesterday, I decided to try on a shirt that hasn't fit in years. Not only does it fit, but I wore it without a cover for my arms and shoulders for the first time ever.



---

I have some big changes starting in my fitness/health journey. It's something I believe is going to help me with my eating as well as help me keep the weight off for life. If you follow me on IG, you'll probably notice a bit of a change in my Photo Food Logs. Explanation coming next week.






18 comments:

  1. Girl, you are knockin' out those miles. Way to go. AND woohoo for the 9.30min mile. You look supa fly in your pic for work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You're rocking it! You look great in that outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! It feels SO good when you get to a running breakthrough point, especially after logging so many miles without one. Also, you're looking AWESOME woman!! Great NSVs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! 5 miles is such an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your one mile time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nine minute mile is phenomenal as well as five miles at once!! You are on FIIYAAHHH!!! Fitting into clothes that were once too small is the best feeling EVER!! You are doing so great and I am excited to see what this new plan is!! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is AWESOME stats! Or those is, or are... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous. Nothing feels good than fitting into old clothes that were once too small. This is also one of my goal, and you just get me inspired to get there.

    -http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...