Monday, June 17, 2013

JMBR Phase 2 Results & Motivation Monday

Good riddance JMBR Phase 2. I wish I could say I was sad to see you go. Although, I may be wishing you back by the end of this week! Sunday's are supposed to be my rest day, but I was too curious. So, I decided to give Cardio 3 a try and see what was in store for me in the next 5 weeks...


Death. That's what is in store. I'm not joking, friends. I laid there for a good 20 minutes after finishing, sure I had died and gone to hell. Surprisingly, I survived. However, if I don't post tomorrow, know that it's death by Jillian.

Of course, I can't move on to Phase 3 without sharing my Phase 2 results with you guys. I've debated sharing my weight and progress pictures. Mainly because I hate looking at myself. I hate seeing my weight in black and white. But, we are our worst critics, right? So, here we go.

Let's start with measurements. For some idiotic reason, I didn't think to take measurements of my whole body before starting the program. I'm blonde, what can I say? I only have my beginning tummy and hip measurements. I got smarter after completing Phase 1 and did my whole body at that time. Word to the wise, take measurements from the get go! I promise you will regret it if you don't.



 I use the following chart as a guideline on where to measure myself at.



Now for the scary part: pictures. Just like with measurements, I didn't take official "before pictures." I got smart and changed that after Phase 1 was complete and I'd already lost 10 pounds. I started my journey the beginning of March weighing in at 195 pounds, 5'4" tall. Yikes. The only pictures I have at that weight are from a little trip we took the weekend before I started JMBR. 

195 lbs

I lived in hoodies no matter the temperature. Always covered up and ashamed of my appearance. This was probably the first day in months that I had my hair down. I had given up on myself completely.

 Here are my "end of phase 1" results (it's not easy taking full length pictures of yourself in a little mirror):

185 lbs

And my end of Phase 2 results, weighing in at 175 this morning. 20 pounds down, lots more to go! But I will get there!

175 lbs


I have had many setbacks along the way already: injuries, illnesses, vacations, but I'm not giving up. There is still a long ways to go, but it's great to finally start seeing and feeling a difference in myself. If you have a bad day and are feeling like you've ruined your progress, or are wondering what's the point in continuing on, just remember that the time is going to pass anyways. I try to always keep in mind the quote: "6 months from now you're going to wish you started today." Oh so true... if Jill doesn't kill me first. 

Head on over and see Wendy to grab a button and link up!



MotivationMonday

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you can totally see a difference! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell a big difference in your belly area. Great job! You are just too cute, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL YOU LOOK FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC! You should not be hesitant whatsoever to post those pics. You have done such an amazing job. Way to go. I'm excited to start following your journey! I'm Veronica, one of the co-hosts for the Motivational Monday with you, Wendy, and the other gals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Girl! I may have to give this a try!!!

    Love, Your Co-host!

    Morgan @ www.fattofitconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's seriously my favorite program I've ever done... and I've tried a lot. ha!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! You are doing great, and look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...