Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day



Today is National Running Day, who knew? What better excuse than to lace up my running shoes and hit the pavement tonight! Rain or shine - I'll be out there. 

Their "I Run..." signs that have been circulating around the past few days really got me thinking. Why do I run? Why am I working out? Why am I changing my lifestyle? I want to look good and wear cute things, sure, but beyond that...

1. My future. Or more importantly, my son's future. 

2. To gain confidence I've never had.

3. My health. I have an auto-immune disease, which means I get sick very easily. Sitting on the couch and eating junk does not help the situation.

4. So I'm not sitting on the sidelines. This past weekend I spent an entire afternoon chasing Wyatt in the backyard. I couldn't have done that two months ago.

5. So Wyatt can be proud of me as he grows up, not ashamed.

6. To be strong and fit. I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and athletic.

7. To set an example.

8. To be a part of such an amazing community of people with similar goals, lifestyles and struggles

9. To feel good about myself and be happy with who I am.

10. Because at the end of the day, I enjoy it. There are many days I struggle to find the motivation, but I'm miserable when I miss a workout. I feel awful the second I put something unhealthy in my mouth. When I'm working out consistently and eating what my body needs, I feel empowered. I feel ready to take on the world.


Happy National Running Day. Lace 'um up and get out there! 






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...