Monday, June 24, 2013

Motivation Monday Link-Up & 5 Mile Run!

It's time for another round of Motivation Monday! Grab a button and join my co-hosts WendyMorganAlishaKatieVeronicaGwen and myself for a little motivational pick-me-up to start the week off right. Share your progress, thoughts, recipes... whatever is working for you!


Also, I've also added some social media buttons at the top of the page! Follow along with me! Which reminds me, Google Reader is going away at the end of the month, so if you aren't following me on Bloglovin' HERE, please do so we don't lose each other!
Now, on to Motivation Monday... 

Saturday, I woke up withe crazy idea to run 5 miles. The farthest I have ever ran at one time was 4.5 miles several years ago, and even though I only get to run once a week or so, I wanted to see if I could surpass that. 



The last two miles were painful, but I pushed through. It's ridiculous how excited I was to have actually done it. Not only that, but I cut a full minute off my last 5K time! Our minds prevent us from doing so many things we are capable of. From mile 3.5 on, I kept thinking, "You can't do this. You're hurting, you should stop. You cut a minute off your 5K, you don't need to run 5 miles." I was right about the hurting part. It hurt, bad. I'm still hurting today! But I can do it and I did do it.

Next, yesterday was my weigh in. I weighed in at 174.2 which is just over a pound lost for the week and 21 pounds total! After my crappy eating last week, I was extremely happy with that number.

So far, my Photo Food Log experiment is helping me keep my eating under wraps. When you have to stop and take a picture before eating, it definitely makes you think twice about it. I've been posting them on IG and hope to keep it up!

So, what's working for you? Grab a button, and don't forget to come back and add the link to your post!














11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5 mile run...that is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are kickin' it, girlfriend! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I've never woken up and wondering how far I could run haha. Maybe one day :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ha! I think I momentarily lost my mind on Saturday, but it was worth it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great job on the run. Also, congratulations on the weight loss. 21 pounds down is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your run! I HATE running! LOL I tried a lot and I just can't do it so I'm sticking to my Zumba, Pump it Up and other random things. And continued success to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't say I enjoy it, ha! It takes me awhile to get out the door, and I count down til I'm done, but it feels amazing when I'm finished!

      Delete
  6. Way to go on your 5 mile run! I can't wait to get there :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...