Monday, June 10, 2013

Motivation Monday + Weekly Goals = Goodbye Scale

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was really nice. We went on a little trip and I still managed to get a couple runs in, along with a nice sunburn.

One of my goals last week was to not weigh-in for two weeks, which will be the end of Phase 2. Basically, I suck at goals and I weighed-in several days... sometimes several times a day. I did not like what I saw, just like I knew I wouldn't. Our little vaca last month was disastrous for my weight loss. I did lose at least 4 pounds last week, but I still have 3 more to go before I'm at my "pre-vaca weight". Eeeek!

 So in times past, I would have seen that number and thought, the heck with it. I would have got myself a Winger's Sticky Finger Quesadilla, some Dr. Pepper, a pound of chocolate and had at it. "I've already failed, what's the point?" Not this time.


Instead of getting a Winger's Sticky Finger Quesadilla, (which by the way is the greatest 2500 calories you would have ever put in your mouth. And it's possible I used to eat 2 of them in one sitting), I tracked my food and didn't miss a single workout. In fact, I got a couple extra workouts in including some runs.


Saturday's Run 


Sunday is my rest day, so I took a casual "jog/walk" along the river after we got back to town. It was so peaceful - and hot. 

I also discovered this over the weekend...

My muscles are coming back in my legs! I never thought that would happen again. My weight may not be where I wish it was at the moment, but I'm starting to see a lot of changes in my body as I come to the end of Phase 2.

As for that pesky scale...


It has a new resting place for the week: upstairs, in the garage, on a high shelf. I can get it if I really wanted it of course, but this way, I'm going to have plenty of time over the process of trying to get it down to re-think things. I will bring it back down next Sunday so I can track the end of Phase 2, start of Phase 3. Until then, good riddance! 

My goals this week are similar:

1. Track food.
2. Do not weigh in until Sunday.
3. Finish JMBR Phase 2


Operation Skinny Jeans
MotivationMonday

2 comments:

  1. Your legs look awesome! I swear I could gain 100 pounds and I'd still have these twigs from the knee down...SMH! And I have to try and not weigh myself daily so I may need to hide my scale as well LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not weighing in is turning out to be torture! haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...