Monday, July 1, 2013

Motivation Monday

Time for another Motivation Monday Link-up! Grab a button and join us for sharing your progress, recipes, tips... whatever motivates you!



I reached a big "milestone" in my weight loss this week. I have finally  reached (and passed) my pre-pregnancy weight! It took me 25 months, but am thrilled to have made it. This isn't the end though, I still have a long ways to go, but I am confident I will get there. 

I'm joining the lovely Amber and Holly for their July 30 Day Shred Challenge. It had been a long time since I'd done this workout! Love it! 



As I mentioned last week, I'm starting a program to help with my eating. Fitness is never the issue for me. I love working out, especially the past few weeks. I'm starting to see results in my endurance and muscle definition and that helps to keep me motivated in that area. Food... food is a different story.

This program has you answer roughly 80 questions about yourself, most of them pertaining to food preferences/habits and generates your program accordingly. That being said, I have 6... yes, SIX days of "Pure Protein." 

Now, don't freak. I'm still an "everything in moderation girl." That won't be changing. Problem is, I struggle with the "moderation" part. Cookies, candy bars, processed sugars, chocolate... yeah, they aren't meant to be consumed daily. I would count them in my calories for the day, in fact, I would adjust my meals around the crap to save for them. That is just not healthy. Not on a daily basis. 

So, for six days straight, I am eating only lean proteins and non-fat dairy as well as some daily oat bran. After those six days are up (end of day Wednesday), I will start adding certain veggies and then eventually everything else. This is a type of detox, as well as to jump-start your body and flush out all the processed junk and sugar. You guys... it's rough. I knew I loved my sweets, but it is consuming me these past few days! It also doesn't help that I'm not a huge meat eater so I'm getting bored with my food. It's shown me just how badly I need help getting these things under control and learning to eat healthy. Not just temporarily to lose weight, but for the long haul. 

Keep your fingers crossed that I'm still alive on Thursday when I'm allowed veggies. Green foods will never have tasted so good!!

And, to leave you all with some cuteness...











11 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Congrats girl! Suprassing the baby weight is fantastic accomplishement. You are burnin' up that weight loss track. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG girl on losing that baby weight! My daughter will be 2 next month (eek!) and I am still losing the weight, too. It is going to take me longer than you though! I have 27 pounds to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight (and only 6 of that was what I gained during pregnancy, the rest was after she was born, yikes). So I've lost 5 of that so far. 22 to go to get there.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on surpassing your pre-pregnancy weight! That feeling is definately something else. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for hitting that milestone! My son turned 17 months yesterday and I am still trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It is TOUGH but I know I am going to get there! This is my first week linking up with all of you ladies and I'm looking forward to continuing to do so! Thanks for the motivation....we all need it on the regular!

    -Bevin-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job blasting through the milestone! I cringe when I even see caps of 30 day shred haha. I tried to pick it back up the other day and couldn't get through the warm-up haha! Need to get back on the train haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting to your pre-pregnancy weight! I gained 30 and lost 60 in 4 months after I had my daughter (woohoo for breastfeeding). Then gained that 30 back. Boo! So now I'm doing it again and watching what I eat. Have fun with your 30 day shred!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! That's awesome!! Your son is precious...my goodness those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoop whoop on getting past the pre preggo weight!!! You can do it(the detox) I bet you will be amazed at how much this helps with your cravings!!! Keep it up lady you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big accomplishment! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the weight loss! You reached a huge milestone and you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...