Monday, July 15, 2013

Motivation Monday - Plateau

Welcome back to another Motivation Monday! I hope you grab a button and link up with us today.




Don't forget to check out all my amazing co-hosts!

Wendy
Katie
Veronica
Morgan
Alisha

Thank you to everyone that linked up with us last week. I've reached a frustrating plateau in my weight loss journey, so reading your posts really helped to keep me going last week!

My scale is "fixed", I think. I took the batteries out and put them back in and it's no longer showing Wyatt weighs the same as me, so that's a plus. However, it's not budging in the slightest for me. It varies 3 lbs up, 3 lbs down and I'm trying not to lose my sanity over it.

I didn't plateau until the last 15-20 lbs on my pre-baby weight loss journey, so this is new territory for me. I can't say that I'm a fan. I started the Dukan Diet July 1st. I lost 5 lbs in the first week, and then nothing. This is in no way the diet's fault, I think I've just reached the inevitable point we all dread when trying to lose weight. 

In an effort to bust through and start seeing some movement on the scale, I've upped my workouts and increased my runs. Hopefully I'll have some progress to share by next week! 

----- 

Yesterday, I spent the morning with Jillian and Shaun T. I completed Level 2 30ds, followed by JMBR Phase 3 Cardio and wrapped it up with Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. 


I continue to be amazed by how much of fitness is really mental. Your body is capable of so much more then you realize. Three months ago I couldn't make it through a JMBR Phase 1 workout without having to pause for breathers. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine being able to do a 2 hour workout. The scale may not be moving, but my endurance is improving leaps and bounds. Despite my scale frustrations, at the end of the day, it's my fitness level that matters most to me. So I'll take it.

My #1 motivator right here. Love this boy!


Anybody have some plateau tips they want to share?





 





8 comments:

  1. I wish I had some tips but I usually hit a plateau and gave up :( don't do that!! Lol

    But-you look great! You should email that pic to Jillian's peeps in PR and be like "this is hard work and awesome-ness!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are working out 2 hours at a time, I'd hazard to guess you've added muscle, which will temporarily slow or even stop the scale. But I bet the inches are still melting off!

    If the scale is bothering you this much, maybe stay off it a little bit. This IS a large part mental, and fretting over the scale (or anything) will also stop the weight loss. Did you know that? Stress stops weight loss?

    Also, trying mixing up your foods and your calories. Up a tick one day, down another. Seems to mix up your metabolism when it's stuck in a rut. Finally, watch out for hidden calories, usually sugar or grains. Whether it's hidden in processed foods, or perhaps a bit too much fruit or fruit juice...those will get you as well.

    And, sometimes our bodies just need a week or two to adjust to where we are. Might just need to continue to wait it out. Oh! And get enough sleep! Not enough sleep will also stall the scale!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plateaus are the worst. It makes all of your efforts seem futile. And you have to push through the mind tricks it plays on you. You are so wise to keep working at it. Your efforts will pay off soon, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you here! I just know a plateau is looming as I get closer to my goal. I'll definitely be looking out for advice from anyone else who's gone though one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! You killed it with the workouts this weekend! Nice work. That's great motivation to stick with running and 30DS...it WILL get easier. I know it will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A temporary plateau is inevitable. I always think it's the body playing catch up with all we're doing with it so the important thing is that you are pushing through and not feeling disheartened.

    Sometimes I change things up a bit during the week I experience a plateau in terms of what I'm eating and exercise.

    Great job with your workout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little boy is so cute! You are such a motivation to me. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to come workout with you! You def motivated me to do more than what I'm doing now. Throw out the scale for a bit and maybe just measure and see the difference that way. My problem is now my legs are toning up more and my butt! I want them to go away not get muscled up! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...