Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Burpee Comment Challenge!



Dun Dun Dun
 Let's play a little game, shall we? To celebrate my completion of JMBR, breaking through my plateau, and new readers, I thought I'd do a little (possibly huge) challenge today.  Today is my cardio day, and I do have a run planned for this evening, but lets kick it up a notch...Are you ready?


Share your favorite type of exercise, activity, body part to work on etc... in the comments and I will do 5 burpees per comment! Deadline for comments to count is 5 PM MST. I've really been trying to push myself in my workouts and be comfortable with being uncomfortable. I figured this would be a fun way for me to do it! So comment away and torture help me out!

 You guys left me some of the sweetest comments on my JMBR Final Results post on Monday. You sure know how to lift a girl up! I started this blog to document my journey and hold myself accountable. As in, "if some random person happens to run across my blog today, I want to be able to show progress along with the failures." I never imagined to find actual support through this, and it has meant the world to me.

I have quite a few new followers, welcome! I'm happy you're here and I love feedback. Hearing from you all keeps me going and motivated! I reply to all comments via email, but if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll try to find your comment and reply to you on the blog.

I'm going to be taking a 1 month break from the scale starting tomorrow, so I thought I'd link-up my weight today. Still sitting at 169.5. Hopefully the next time I weigh in, I'll be in the 150s!

What's your favorite exercise, activity or body part to work on?

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is awesome! I love or king out my arms-they are the easiest and fastest for me to get toned!

    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good challenge! I dislike burpees so I wish you luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting idea! I almost feel bad commenting! I just found your block through SkinnyMeg and I'm looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop and give me 5! You are doing amazing things! (sorry I've been kinda blog stalking you :) oops!)
    Arm's and abs are my favorite areas to work! They burn so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just recently embraced the burpee! So worth the sweat!
    My favorite right now is squats up into a dead lift. That doesn't sound right, bit going from a low squat with hand weights in front then bringing over your head as you come out of the squat. Works my quads and shoulders at the same time.

    WWW.overextended-april.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a brave woman! We had a ton of burpees in our HIIT last night and I hate them but they are also something I am working toward! They do burpees plus a jumping squat which just about kill me but by the end of our 60 day challenge I will be able to do them! So as far as favorite exercise it would have to be any of the jumps we do in combat, even sumo squat jumps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Burpees are awful and great at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost hate to comment....ROFL! (sorry...?) :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! No need for sorry.. I WANT to be challenged and have to do a lot of burpees tonight. Thanks!! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh I have to comment!! Favorite exercise? Uh.........none, but we'll go with Group Power :) Yay for braking up with the scale with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love that e-card. I am right there with you on the whole blog thing. I never imagined I would find such a supportive community in blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Favorite exercise, leg press machine. I can do more weights on that than any other machine. I can get to about 240 lbs when I work my way up. I haven't been to the gym lately though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I'm late to the game, but I wanted to tell you that I LOVE this challenge you created. Such an awesome idea! Oh and I love burpees too, but my fave exercise is the plank. All variations - side, one legged, with a bosu ball, etc. ps - have you ever tried a one legged burpee?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you challenge yourself like this. I am in love with fitsugar 10 minutes workout on YouTube. Simple but effective.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...