Monday, September 9, 2013

Motivation Monday


Welcome back to Motivation Monday! Grab a button and come link up!




--------

Sorry I'm late to the game today, and it's going to be short and sweet. I procrastinated yesterday thinking I'd have time this morning, then ended up with one of those crazy Monday's we all know and love.

Nightly thunder/lightening storms the past week have forced me back inside for my workouts and back to DVDs for the most part. I've been in a major cardio mode for a few weeks in an effort to get my endurance back after my 2 week illness hiatus. Yesterday morning, I managed a 3 mile run with Wyatt. And by managed, I mean barely survived. I'm having some leg issues again, and in an effort to prevent ending up back in a boot AGAIN, I'm forced to re-evaluate my workouts. (I think I jinxed myself when I said no injuries in September. Someday I'll be healthy, right?).

It's been 6 weeks since I've had any significant weight-loss. Part of this is a plateau, sure. But, I feel a larger part is my actual workouts. After I finished JMBR, I tried several other types of exercise. All of which I love and have seen success with in the past. However, I think at this point in the game, I need more structure and someone yelling at me to go faster, harder and push myself. 


Last night, I completed levels 1 & 2 of Extremem Shed and Shred and felt amazing after my workout for the first time in a long time. So, I'm going to go with it.

Starting tonight, I'm going to repeat 6 weeks of JMBR Phase 2 and 6 weeks of JMBR Phase 3. I do still plan on fitting in runs when the weather allows, but I will be scaling back the mileage until my leg issues subside. With the addition of running in my JMBR routine, I'm confident this well help me start seeing results again. 

Every once and awhile, it's important to take a step back and evaluate where you're at. It's so important to find enjoyment in the journey. What works for one person, may not work for you. When it comes to fitness, it's a lot of trial and error. Learn from it and move forward. 







2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on stepping back and revisiting your goals and reasons for better health. Actually me and a few other blog ladies were thinking of making a "Six Month Renewing of Fitness Vows". So, basically every 6 months we post about our goals and revise as needed. Let me know if you want in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Listen to all those workouts - you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...