Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's a Sunshiny Day

Well, at least in blog-land, that is. Here in Wyoming, we are on day 7 or something like that of straight rain. Whaaat?! That just does not happen around here. Snow, yes. Rain? Never. At least not that drizzle all day, every day type of rain. 

It's been several years since I've been in this much "weather related" pain. Back in the 'ol high school days, I used to joke with everyone that I should be a weather woman. I'd wake up in the morning, and before I even got out of bed, I knew what the weather was doing by the way my body felt. There were many days I had to roll out of bed (quite literally) in an attempt to get to school.

Once again, I have been back in that situation this week. Which has meant no workouts since Sunday. I wish it was something I could push myself through and manage some exercise, but it hasn't been possible. Walking up the stairs is exhausting this week. I can count that as a workout, right?

But that's the end of that whining. We desperately need the moisture, so I'll bite my tongue and continue to "enjoy" my quality time with the heating pad.

On to Sunshine. Last week, Ms. Wendy tagged me in her Sunshine Award post, so here I am answering her questions!



1. What's your favorite thing about yourself? 

I'm a very open-minded person. I have my own thoughts and beliefs, of course. And I feel very passionate about them. However, I've always had the ability to the see the big picture. In any given situation, I usually can understand where someone is coming from and respect them for it. I make an effort to not be judgmental and keep in mind that no one ever knows the full story. 

2. What is your absolute dream job?

Social Work. 

3. What is the nicest thing you've ever done for someone? 

I think a big part of doing good for others, is not expecting anything in return - including praise. I try to volunteer and help out as much as possible. We'll just leave it at that :)

4. What is your favorite book? 

I'm a reader. Love to lose myself in a good book. Surprisingly, as much as I read, I don't think I have one favorite book. I love a good mystery (James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clark, to name a couple). I am a big Fantasy dork. LOTR, Harry Potter, yes, even Twilight. I love the City of... books. Lovely Bones. The Giver. 

5. What is your next big goal for yourself? 

Currently, to get to a healthy weight and build muscle. 
6. What is your favorite weekend getaway?



7. Who is your biggest cheerleader in life? 


He is always cheering me on and lifting me up.

8. What is your favorite inspirational quote?

I don't know if it would be considered "inspirational", but my life motto is:

"Everything turns out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

9. What blogs do you read daily?

Way too many to name!

10. What's your favorite song right now? 

Anything country!

------

I nominate.... anyone who hasn't had the chance to play along! Same questions. If you answer them, let me know so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...