Friday, August 9, 2013

Unexpected Rest Day - Listen to Your Body

I'm fairly certain I have never been happier to see Friday arrive. It's been one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right. We all have them from time to time, and I'm beyond happy that mine is coming to a close. That being said, my workouts and nutrition have been going really well. Until last night...

I was in the middle of my chest/back workout last night when Wyatt asked to watch Lion King. As I'm standing there waiting for the main menu to pop up, I started to feel a little funny. I felt hot all over and my ears started buzzing. Next thing I know, I'm woken up as I crash into the bookshelf and fall to the ground. I passed out! I had felt "off" all day, but figured it was the accumulation of stress and lack of sleep for the week.



Needless to say, I didn't finish my workout. I tried to rest the best I could with an energetic two-year-old and forced myself to eat a large, healthy dinner. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling much better today. There is still a funny feeling in the back of my head and my fingers have been tingling on and off. Strange.

 I never eat below 1300 calories, normally I'm up around the 1500-1600 range. I'm drinking plenty of water. So, I don't feel that's the issue. To be on the safe side, I'm giving myself a high calorie day. Really, throwing calories out the window today without going too crazy. My arm workout will have to be made up another day, because this mama is taking it easy.

I've been working on the finding the positive in things. While it's a little hard to find something positive about passing out and feeling "off", I'm listening to my body. That's big for me.



Speaking of listening to my body, don't forget to stop by yesterday's post and leave a comment for my Rockstar Jump Challenge. I'm doing 5 Rockstar jumps for every comment left before 5:00pm MST tonight, and 1 for every Facebook "like". Originally I was going to be doing these tomorrow. Depending on how I'm feeling, they may not happen as scheduled, but I will do them as soon as I'm back on my feet!

Don't forget to link up with us on Monday for Motivation Monday! I'll be sharing my Running 4 Maggie virtual 5K recap. It was an emotional, but great experience!


5 comments:

  1. Call your doctor. I'm not kidding. You aren't eating too little. Something is wrong. Whether it's the flu, or something else, your doctor ALWAYS needs to know when a patient faints. :(

    Take care and stop exercising until this gets cleared up. Not just for one day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe and take it easy. So smart of you to take a break and listen to your body. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do! Now rest up and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest and feel better soon! That had to be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Gwen, please go see your doctor for a check up, I wouldn't mess around with something like that. Take care of yourself and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you ok? Please check in. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...