Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tiffany Pity Party - Party of One

Four. Four days since I've been able to workout and I'm losing my sanity a bit. I have no idea what illness I have, but it's kicking my butt. For the most part, I don't struggle with fitness motivation. My workout is my second favorite part of the day (first is picking Wyatt up from daycare), and I'm missing it. Believe me when I tell you, I'm far more pleasant to be around when I'm not getting my daily sweat fix. Add being sick to the mix, and lets just say, I feel bad for anyone that has to be around me this week. 

The picture on the right is exactly how I imagine I looked all day yesterday

Negatives to being sick (aside from the obvious raw throat, short of breath, plugged sinuses, body aches, chills part)? Wyatt has basically had free rain of the house. He's loving it. I am not. As long as he isn't doing something that could cause him harm, I'm letting him do it. Maybe that makes me a bad mommy, but I really don't care at this point. I'm lacking the energy, balance, and motivation to pick up after every little thing. Which results in a very cluttered house. He's also been allowed to have dinner in front of the TV for two nights in a row. Yes, yes. Bad Mommy. 

Long story short: Mommy feels like death. Wyatt feels like he's on the best vacation of his short little life. 

In addition to missing my workouts, healthy food is the absolute last thing I want to eat when I'm sick. Luckily, I don't have junk in my house, so I've been able to escape eating like complete crap the past few days. However, it most definitely has not been perfect.

I have an auto immune disease that causes me to get sick often, and makes it harder to recover. Essentially, my body is my own worst enemy. I know myself well enough to realize it's going to be awhile longer before I'm 100% and able to push myself in my workouts. I'm hoping I'll be able to at least get back to some weight lifting tomorrow and ease slowly back into some cardio. But it's really not up to me. My body will let me get back to it when it's time, I suppose. 

In the mean time, I'll just whine and cry about it. Tiffany Pity Party - Party of One. 












4 comments:

  1. my blog post today was similar about two weeks of not working out and the reasons. So sorry!
    But I'm justifying that the decluttering and reprogramming of the kidlet will count as a first workout, right?
    (hope you feel better soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, I'm so sorry you are so sick, and that your recovery will be slow. :( Hope the little guy doesn't get it. Sounds like a bad case of the flu. (still the fainting has me worried. Did you call your doctor about that?) (one doesn't normally faint from the flu...) Take care sweetie, and nurture that body. Exercise and vigilent eating can come when you have more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I am home sick today too but hope to be back at it tomorrow. Hoping for a speedier recovery than expected for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...