Monday, August 26, 2013

Motivation Monday - Fit Test

It's time for another Motivation Monday! Grab a button and come link up with us.




For the first time in what feels like weeks and weeks, I am excited and ready for this Monday! Thursday night I started feeling like myself again, and each day since I have felt better and better. Which couldn't be better timing since my first official 5K is this coming Saturday!

I've done well with my plan to  incorporate more cardio into my schedule for the two weeks leading up to the race. I purchased a jogging stroller last week on a whim, and quite honestly thought that Wyatt was going to hate it. He's a busy little guy and usually has to be up running around. To my amazement he LOVES it! He begs to go for a run every night, and there's no turning down that sweet face, so we've been getting quite a few miles in!

It had been a month or so since my last long (for me) run and I wanted to get at least one in this month, so my mom watched the munchkin for me Saturday morning. I managed to finish 5 slow and painful miles. Overall, it was far from my usual pace, but I know I'll get back there! After Wyatt's nap, he begged to go for a run, so I logged another 2.5 miles giving me 7.5 miles total on Saturday. I have never done more than 6 miles in a day!

Refueled with a delicious peanut butter, banana, oat smoothie

Uncle Dylan caught up with us at the park during our run/walk

Sunday, we headed out to the river for a change of scenery. I was sore and had convinced myself to lay around. Wyatt had different plans.


Honestly, as the illness progressed and I was missing more and more workouts, I started to lose all interest in my healthy lifestyle. I was really getting discouraged and knew it would be painful getting back to it. The only things that have gotten me back on track was knowing I had already registered for this race, and an adorable two and a half year old little boy cheering me on.

It's a lifestyle change. Not a diet. Not a temporary fitness plan to lose weight. Lifestyle. Life is always going to throw me ups and downs. Sometimes I'm going to stray and struggle. Sometimes the motivation isn't going to be there. It's impossible to be right on track all the time. Throughout Body Revolution, Jillian often says, "When it gets hard, when you're struggling, remember why you started." Thursday night, when it was raining and Wyatt was bawling on the floor because he wanted to go for a run; I remembered why I started. For him. For myself. For our futures. We bundled up, and we ran in the rain. He laughed and clapped the whole time we were out and made me realize, there's no giving up. Not this time.

All that being said, I'm constantly looking for new ways to track myself. There's the scale and the tape measure of course, but I wanted a black and white way to track my fitness level and hold me accountable. So, I've designed my own fit test. I chose 10 of my favorite moves and will be tracking my weekly progress.

Friday's will becoming "Fit Test Friday" on this 'ol blog. Feel free to join me if you'd like! If we have enough interest, I might start a link-up? We'll see...

Here's the thing I love about fit tests; you're competing only with yourself. Your only goal is to do better than you did last week, or last month. If you can only do 2 rock star jumps in 60 seconds, who cares. A fit test is designed only to track your progress. The hope is, the next time you complete the test, you can 3 rock star jumps. Then maybe someday you will see 10, and on and on.


If you would like to try the fit test, and are unsure what a move is (or would like a modifier) let me know! I'll be sharing my starting numbers on Friday.

Now, grab a button and come link-up!






4 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better!!

    You're gonna rock this 5k :) love that you have a little workout buddy lol. Which stroller did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to you for all that running and glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock, girlie!! And you will do amazing at your race!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I can tell by reading that your enthusiasm is back. I've been slacking on the running but, after reading, I feel inspired to make sure it happens today!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...