Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day {Yesterday}

Side Note: Wheat Belly Wednesday will return in another week or two after Wyatt and I have finished all our crazy doctor's appointments etc... I can't wait to dig into all of this and get to work losing the pounds (again), but I'm focusing on us and all other areas of our health right now. Throwing in drastic lifestyle changes, with all else happening is too overwhelming at the moment. The prednisone hunger is real, people. It's a daily struggle. But, I'm doing my best to control it and make smart decisions in the mean time. So, there's that.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen this. However, since it's big news in my world at the moment, I'm sharing again:

I got real shoes on my feet for the first time in a week on Monday. Progress! It's healing faster than expected, thank heavens. It's about time something went right around here. There's an occasional throb and it's pretty tender to the touch, but overall - not bad. I completely forget about it occasionally the past couple of days which is making it difficult to follow doctor's orders and not jump right back into all things fitness. Patience... 

Somehow I missed the memo that yesterday was Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day until after lunch. Bummer! I should have been rocking my green for Dakota. I couldn't let the day go by without getting out there and doing something for him. Running was out of the question, but I loaded Wyatt up after work and we headed out for a walk.

It felt great to get moving a bit. Ice was required for my toe later that night though. Maybe by the weekend, I'll be able to get a slow, short jog in and start easing back into my workouts. I'm playing it by ear and listening to my body.

Moving on to the biggest, most exciting news in our neck of the woods: Operation Potty Training has been a huge success! We started on Saturday and Wyatt has now been over 48 hours with zero accidents. Score! 

Today is the last day of his 3rd round of antibiotics in 2 months. I was hoping it was working this time, then Monday night the stuffy nose and cough returned. We go in for a follow up on Monday to determine if he needs to be seen by a specialist. I'm a big bundle of mama nerves, but know that it will all work out. He stays pretty happy and energetic during the day, so I'm grateful for that. It's a sign of some improvement at least.

Tutorial for Wyatt's potty/chore chart will be up on the blog tomorrow along with some details about our crazy weekend and what is working for us.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...