Thursday, May 16, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

Today, I'm linking up with Katie and Lex for Non-Scale Victories.

button


NSV 1: I've been doing really well at eating clean this week and making sure I get enough water blah blah. That in itself could be considered a NSV I suppose, but it's not the big one. Somehow I ended up way under on calories yesterday. (I wish that was a problem more often) So, I made up my mind before even leaving work that I was going to grab a big, mouth watering, butterfinger milkshake from our local ice cream place after dinner.

mmmmm my mouth is watering again!

I knew in the back of my mind that I should fill those calories with something that had some nutritional value, but I had made up my mind and nothing was going to get in the way of me having this darn shake. 

I went about my evening as normal. Dinner, cleaning, playing, daydreaming of my soontobeinmybelly milkshake. Then time came to head out and pick one up, and I had a big "should I-shouldn't I" debate. Chubby Tiff kept saying, "You have been working sooo hard. You deserve this." While Wannabe Fit Tiff was trying to convince me that it wouldn't be worth it. That I would regret it the second it was gone. 

Wannabe Fit Tiff managed to win and I did not pick up my 1000 + calorie milkshake last night. Sigh. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit pissed at her.

NSV2:  After a week off from the never-ending-illness of May 2013, I am finally back at it with JMBR! I'm amazed at how much one little week off from working out affects things. I'm struggling to get through them this week, but I've yet to pass out so that's a plus. 

NSV3: I got more than 6 hours of sleep last night and feel amazing! I have no idea how I did it, but somehow I managed to convince Wyatt to sleep past 4am!! We slept in until 6am this morning and it was AMAZING! (Yes, sadly 6am is sleeping in at our house).

Good thing he's cute because Mama is not a happy camper at 4am every morning.












3 comments:

  1. NOT getting that milkshake is huge! Good for you! Although Chubby Jenn is with Chubby Tiff and are totally giving us the stinkeye! It's so hard to make those choices but what a victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great NSVs this week! Honestly no matter how "small" we think they are they still deserve to be celebrated. Baby steps! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...