New Year: New Me. 2014 is going to be my year. I've said that to myself in many years past, but I know it to be true this time. I have never looked into a new year with so much excitement and anticipation. There are big things coming to me and mine this year and I can't wait to share it all with you as things come to pass.
For as long as I can possibly remember, I've always been a big goal-oriented person. My parents engraved that into our brains as kids. Every year, on New Year's Eve, we would sit down and make goals for the new year. I'd always do awesome for a few months then fall off course. Yeah, we've all been there.
The past couple of years, I've barely noticed the New Year come and go, let alone taken time to sit down and think about what I'd like to accomplish. Honestly, I have missed it. I know there are many that disagree with the resolution concept. I am not one of them. Resolutions give me a sense of purpose and accomplishment and I need that back in my life. So, I have been thinking hard over the past week about what I want to achieve in 2014:
1. My motto through out all of 2014:
2. Reach goal weight (138).
3. Less electronics/social media. More family. (I'm pretty good about this, but there is always room for improvement)
4. Run 300 Miles for Dakota (That's 200 more than 2013!)
5. Run in at least (2) local, official, 5K races
6. Find a Cerebral Palsy Virtual 5K race for Dakota & organize free virtual 5K just for him
7. Lupus Virtual 5K
8. Complete T25
9. Swimming lessons for Wyatt. (As a former lifeguard that had to rescue one too many times, this is a huge priority for me).
10. A new home
11. Journaling - Letters to Wyatt (more on this to come).
13. Run 8 consecutive miles
14. Summer Hike
If you are looking for a way to stay on track with your health and fitness goals, come join my accountability group on Facebook HERE. Everyone is so encouraging and we will be doing mini challenges throughout the year.
January's Challenge: Burpees! Try not to hate me too much by the end of January...