Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Randomness Continued...

I may have posted instead of saved before I finished all my randomness. Looks like a two post kind of day! I got home from work tonight to see my new Fitness magazine had arrived. Check out who's on the cover...


Sounds weird, I'm sure, but just seeing her on the cover gave me the motivation I needed to really get my butt back into gear. Great timing. I'm sure she did the article just for me. 

Normally, I cook our week night meals on the weekend. After working 9 hours, the last thing I want to do is spend time in front of the stove for what seems like hours on end. Who has time for that!? I want to play with the munchkin, enjoy myself and fit a workout in at some point. Then, once you're done cooking and eating, you still have this to deal with...


I despise it! But tonight I made an exception. I found a recipe on Pinterest awhile back for "Skinny Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas". I came across the recipe last night, and could not get them off my mind. So I spent my lunch break at the store picking up supplies. You can find the recipe HERE. I substituted the sour cream for Greek yogurt, and used corn tortillas in an attempt to make them even more "skinny".


They were good, and I'll definitely be making them again. However, I know they would have been amazing had I not gone the skinny route. Ah, the torture of being healthy! I kid... maybe.

I'm not a huge fan of corn tortillas, but I chose to go healthier anyways. Also, I have never tried greek yogurt until tonight. Everyone raves about it and swears you can't even tell it's not sour cream. Yeah, they lie. I could most definitely tell the difference. It wasn't bad by any means, it will just take some getting used to. Most importantly, Wyatt ate it and he is rarely impressed by chicken. So overall, it's a win in our house.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...