Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution

Finally, I am getting around to my workout program! After committing myself to buckling down and losing the baby weight (who am I kidding, it's a lot more than baby weight) I had to come up with a fitness plan. I've lost weight using Jillian's website and DVDs in the past and I knew it worked, so I went back to my "roots" and ordered JMBR.



I ordered this bad boy as well. I had a hard time justifying the expense, but it's been more than worth it.




Here is a cliff note version of the program...
Basically, the program is broken down into 3 Phases, or months. Each phase consists of 2 front of the body work outs, 2 back of the body work outs, and 1 cardio workout to carry you through the entire month. Every 2 weeks you progress to more challenging exercises. Each DVD is 30 minutes. BIG selling point for a busy mom!  Moving on...

I started Phase 1 the beginning of March. It.kicked.my.butt! But I pushed myself, and I pushed myself a little too hard which resulted in my leg injury and almost 3 weeks off. What can I say, sometimes I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. I ended up with a 10 pound weight loss by the end of Phase 1. Had I not hurt myself, I'm sure that number would have been significantly more.

Confession, I was so completed disgusted with myself and my appearance at the beginning of this program, that I did not take before pictures or measurements. I'm kicking myself for that now. Know matter how low your self esteem may be or how much you might dread seeing that picture or those inches in writing, DO IT! You will regret it later!

I started Phase 2 on Monday, completing DVD 5 last night and 6 tonight. Holy Moley!! I should have known Jillian would be kicking it up big time. I was dripping wet tonight, which means it's doing its job! I'm expecting to see big changes in myself this Phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...