Monday, February 10, 2014

Motivation Monday - Wheat Belly

It's Motivation Monday! Come link up with us and be sure to hop around and check some other blogs out.


Today's theme is Healthy Valentine's Dinners. Truth is, I'm one of those people that feels Valentine's Day is a bit ridiculous. I make a big deal out of every holiday for Wyatt. There will be goodies and fun things for him. But, we don't really go all out for each other. So, this theme doesn't apply to me too much. I'm excited to see what you all have in mind though!

-----------------


This past week has felt a bit like Christmas. I've had plans to get a HRM for months and months. I finally caved and ordered one last week. I am in love! Picture below is my calorie burn for T25 Cardio. I never would have guessed I was burning that much in 25 minutes. I've found that having the watch really pushes me to work even harder to get as big a burn as possible, so big win all around here. 

I also got the foot pod so I can track my runs with it as well. We are finally supposed to have some decent weather this weekend and I plan to get some miles in and test it. Maybe that groundhog fibbed after all...


As I've mentioned the past few weeks, I'm working on the switch to a grain free diet. Honestly, it's been challenging. I love my carbs! In fact, I didn't realize just how much I ate them until I started working on this lifestyle change. I did some research before beginning the process, but was struggling to fully commit. I know there are studies showing it can help my autoimmune diseases, but I didn't know how or why. A lack of knowledge has made it difficult to fully jump in.

Enter Wheat Belly:





I'm only about 50 pages in (I need more free time!) but am already completely amazed by all the facts in this book. My plan for the blog is to turn Wednesday's into all things Wheat Belly. I'll be sharing what I'm learning, what I'm trying and most importantly how it affects my overall health, especially Lupus.

And last, but not least, in other good news: I finally have a working laptop again after 6 months without. This should mean more organized posts from now on. Knock on wood!

I have even more plans and changes coming soon. It is a lot all at once, but my health is incredibly important. Now more than ever. It's time to make not only weightloss a priority, but the whole big picture.









6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY need to pick that book up! I'm looking forward to your Wednesday posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy wow with that awesome burn-- that's crazy!!! I've also recently been cutting a lot of grains out of my eating. I used to think I NEEDED them to feel satisfied, but apparently that was just a crazy lie I told myself. I still eat probably 2 servings of grains a day, but that's a far cry from having them at every meal like I used to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your bloglovin profile through the linkup- so much helpful information! I will definitely be picking up Wheat Belly! I cut out wheat almost a year ago..the first 2 weeks were tough but every week got easier! excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad you not only got Wheat Belly, but are being blown away by it! The more that hear and learn, the better/healthier we all will get!! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great book. Looking forward to your Wednesday post.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...