Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wyatt's Totally Radical TMNT Birthday

 Wyatt turned 3 on May 29th and I'm finally getting around to sharing his birthday party. Better late than never, right?


Our live's have revolved around Ninja Turtles since about Christmas time, so I knew that would have to be the theme for his birthday this year. I won't lie, I have always been a TMNT fan myself and have loved this phase.

We rented a party room at a local hotel and had most of our family in attendance. Everyone had a blast and Wyatt loved being the center of attention. Be forewarned that most of this post will be photos...


My mom was a cake decorator on the side as we were growing up. The best part of every birthday was waking up to see the amazing cake she worked on into the wee hours of the morning. It was a tradition that still holds a very special place in my heart and I wanted to carry that on to Wyatt. Now, I don't have near the talent of my mom, but I have made all of Wyatt's cakes myself, thus far. I hope it becomes a special memory for him as he grows older too.





 I found the photo prop idea on Pinterest (of course). This was such a huge hit! Even Wyatt's Great Grandparents jumped in for the photo fun. (Note: I try not to include many pictures of other's without their permission on the blog, but you get the idea from the three of us).


 Toxic Ooze, because, well... you can't become a Ninja Turtle without it. We also had other drink selections, salads, chips and TMNT jello. Plus the obvious... Pizza.


More Pinterest finds! The wall hangings were super easy and I plan to save them and hang in Wyatt's room. I searched everywhere for a wooden 3 to paint for the table, and could.not. find one. So I settled for a W. Which I decided was probably a better find because it can also be used in his room decor.



I'm pretty sure that our house is now stalked with every possible TMNT merchandise available and we wouldn't have it any other way.


Oh, and can't forget his cupcakes for daycare:



I always struggle to find words to describe Wyatt and express my love for him. Guess that's just part of being a mother, right? I am constantly amazed at the little person he is becoming. He is quick as a whip, with the greatest sense of humor. He's adventurous, fearless, creative, and hard headed with a heart of gold. I am so blessed to be his mommy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...