Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday!!


This pretty much sums up how I feel about today. Hello Friday!!!

The past month has been incredibly stressful, busy and insane in the office. Often, I embrace the craziness at work. It keeps things interesting and challenging. Dealing with all of that while being the sickest I've been in my life has been, well, interesting. But, I've been managing through it. Somehow I've gotten through all this without a day off and managing to slowly get things checked off the never-ending list. 

Tomorrow we are taking Wyatt to his very first movie theater experience: Dragons 2. I've been wherry about taking him to the movies because he's just so busy and tends to get spooked by loud, unexpected noises still. But, he has become fascinated by dinosaurs and dragons in the past few weeks and I think he is going to love it. We'll just keep our fingers crossed that it's not an epic disaster...

Brad was gone last weekend, so we are celebrating Father's Day tomorrow. He's requested homemade lasagna for dinner and I can't wait to have a real meal! Sunday might include a golf trip in Cheyenne. More than anything, I'm just grateful that I'm slowly feeling well enough to be able to participate in these things with my family again. 

Earlier this week, my infection spread to my eyes and ears. It was an ugly sight. I looked high as a kite with blood coming out of my ears at unexpected times. Great visual, right? Another trip to the ENT resulted in some oral antibiotics to treat all that mess. I'm back on prednisone and levaquin and it's beginning to clear up. It will be another 3 months of the topical antibiotics before I'm fully back on my feet - then it's on to the allergist. 

Earlier this week, my boss came up front and demanded I pick a day or two to take off. I'm pretty sure he's been thinking I'm going to kill over at my desk at any moment. So, I wasn't going to decline the offer. Next weekend, we are going to take Wyatt on a 3 day camping trip. There are not words to express my excitement! Anyone that's read here for long know's my heart is in the outdoors and a few days with no cell service or distractions will be a big plus. 

------------------------------


It's been weeks and weeks since I've updated on the "Fit Train". Mainly, that's because it's been non-existent. I'm ashamed to admit there have been many tears shed in this past month over self doubt, embarrassment and disgust with my appearance and lack of confidence. Could I have handled things better? probably. But, I feel like a lot of the happenings in these past several months have been out of my control. 

Particularly in the past month, I've just been making it through the motions. I get up in the morning and manage to get showered and dressed before work (some days). Get Wyatt to daycare, make it through work and by the time I get home, I've felt too awful for anything. Meals have either been take out or brought to us from friends and family. Physically, I haven't been well enough to cook much of anything. Food is and always has been my biggest struggle and having choices taken away hasn't been good. Add on steroids to that, and it's just.... no words.

As far as workouts go, I have another week or so before I can try any type of workout that can raise my heart rate. By next week, I hope that I will be able to get some walks and arm workouts in. Then, after our camping trip, I hope that I'll be able to fully get into the swing of things.

I've debated continuing the blog. It's seemed like an impossible task as of late. But, I love the blogging community and I need the accountability. It could be a few weeks before I'm up to posting regularly, but I will be back!



  

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are (albeit slowly) on the mend. :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi stranger! I read this blog post today and thought of you: http://affectionforfitness.blogspot.com/2014/06/excessive-exercise-related-issues-we.html

    I would never want to discourage someone from exercising, but I would also hate for anyone to pursue fitness at the expense of their health and wellness. Consider it food for thought! I'm rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...