Tuesday, October 15, 2013

While I Was Away...

I'm naturally a very stubborn, determined person. It can be both a strength and a weakness. When I truly set my mind to something, I'm going to see it through no matter what else may come up. A one track mind if you will...

I've been so focused on my workouts and trying to lose weight these past 6 months. There's nothing wrong with that, but looking back, I think I was pushing myself a little too hard. In ways, I think this illness was a  bit of a wake up call to take a step back and slow down a bit.

I was sick and unable to beat it for weeks. My legs were throbbing. The scale was going up and down the same 4 pounds over and over. I was completely exhausted and cranky all the time. It just hasn't been pretty.

As it turns out, a long hiatus was just what I needed. I went for a couple runs this past weekend (low mileage) and had zero pain in my legs. I've caught up on some rest and am feeling better mentally. Weight-loss wise, I am back down to 168 even though I haven't counted a single calorie in weeks and haven't gotten any burn.

Jillian's DietBet ends the 22nd. I've consistently lost, but not at the rate I would have if I'd been able to workout. In order to be a winner, I would have to get down to 165.2. Honestly, I don't think that will happen and I'm okay with that. I'm back where I need to be, mentally I'm better than I have been in quite some time, and the weight is going to continue to go down. I'm confident in that. It's just coming off a little slower than I originally planned.

With all that being said, I found myself with a lot of free time the past month. I gave up some hobbies to make room for my workouts and I've missed them! Basically, my house looks like a bomb went off in a yarn factory. It's everywhere. Here's some of what I've been up to (and I still have more orders to get finished this week!):





Someday I'll learn to find time for everything I love, right? Of course, we can't leave out my very favorite past time:



During my blogging absence, we took Wyatt to the annual pumpkin walk. This was my first time attending this event, and I was beyond impressed. It's held at the Wyoming Territorial Prison (now a historical place, duh). It's free to the community and so much fun! We started off with a hay ride to pick out a pumpkin.




It was freeeezing cold. Which turned out to be a good thing. Wyatt was slightly confused, thinking the pumpkins were balls. It was a blessing in disguise that they were frozen solid.

 
We kidnapped Uncle Dylan, by the way
...and Grandma


Then we hoped back on the hay ride to go paint our pumpkin!




They had a lot of centers set up throughout the grounds. We didn't get to many as it was right during nap time. We couldn't pass up the absolutely amazing balloon animal guy, though.



Wyatt got an elephant balloon. Not pictured, as he didn't live long. We had a blast and I'm already so excited for next year's pumpkin walk!

Tonight's workout will be another burpee challenge I'm doing for my buddy, Dakota. So far, we're up to 149 burpees! Fingers crossed I survive...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for listening to your body and taking a break! Also, I LOVE that monster hat! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved seeing all your crafty stuff you've been up to! The "voice" of this post sounds soo good - I can actually sense that you're rested and feeling good. Keep it up! I've actually not focused on my weight loss much either and it has still been going down. Funny how that works, isn't it? It's nice to learn we can have control over it without letting it control us. Keep up what you're doing, keep getting rest, having family time, and enjoying your hobbies that keep you sane/happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great creations! I wish I still had time to do some needlework :c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...