Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday





I'm linking up with Jenna and Crystal for Thankful Thursday. I absolutely love this link-up. We get so caught up in our day to day lives, that it's nice to have a reason to take a step back and think about the amazing things/people surrounding us!

{ONE}

I am beyond thankful to the I Run 4 Michael group and my running buddy, Dakota. You can read HERE for the details. I've only been Dakota's running buddy for a little over a week, and already my heart has been touched. The point of this foundation is to run for those who can't and, by doing so, uplift them. To make their days a little brighter. When, in reality, I feel it's the buddies who are helping us, the "runners". Honestly, I just haven't been able to find the words to describe the over-all experience. Since "meeting" Dakota, I want to do whatever I can to be a better person. Dakota has brought my family closer. He is such a positive, happy person. It's just amazing. I urge you to read through the wall in the group when you have time. Be prepared to shed a tear or two, but I promise you will be touched.

 {TWO}

After several weeks of little to no workouts, I'm thrilled I completed my 150 burpees and lived to tell about it. Wyatt wanted to do some burpees for "kod-a", too. Which, I'm fairly certain, was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

 {THREE}



Need I say more? Not only is it my birthday month (side note: I tried to convince Brad that there should be a daily party with cake and presents leading up to the big day, because I'm just that awesome. He didn't go for it. Men.) But, the coffee is better, the trees are gorgeous. I can wear a hoodie every darn day if I want to, and it's okay. I made the first batch of homemade chili last night, and it was so good!

Take away the snow and freezing temps, and I could do October year round!

{FOUR}




Let me start this with saying, I have a love/hate relationship with hunting season. The hate comes from the fact that it takes "single" mommy-hood to a whole new level. It is me, myself, and I for a good portion of the season. Now don't get me wrong, I love my little lion more than life itself, but one can only handle so many public tantrums, mooooommmies, messes, and 4am wake-up to play moments before she needs a few minutes to herself.

However, it's worth it. Brad enjoys it, and it's important that he gets to have some fun. But, more than that, we will have a freezer full of meat to last the year and that is such a huge blessing and stress relief.

{FIVE}

I could not be happier that I'm FINALLY starting to feel better and back in blog land! My endurance took a big hit during my hiatus, but I will get it back. I'm refreshed and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahahah That deer cartoon bahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely grateful for that cartoon! So funny I laughed loud enough to scare my dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...