Monday, May 13, 2013

Motivation Monday and Mother's Day

Today I'm linking up with Wendy and CeCe for Motivation Monday.


MotivationMonday


I've been a bit down on myself this past week as far as weightloss and fitness go. Last Monday I started feeling a bit under the weather, but was able to push through a workout. Come Tuesday morning, my throat was on fire, my sinuses were so plugged I sounded like my grandparent's ancient Pug; I had a fever and with that came chills and body aches. It was NOT fun. And it's lingered, all week. 

Yesterday was my weigh in. I most definitely didn't lose and was feeling defeated. I decided to pull out the tape measure to re-take my waist and hip measurements just knowing that they would be equally disappointing. (What can I say, it's been a Tiffany pity party all week over here). The tape measure proved to be just the opposite...

I started this journey the beginning of March. I've had a few setbacks along the way already, from my stress fractures to the never-ending-illness of May 2013, but I have still managed to lose 7" just from my waist and hips (15 pounds down at this point). That was the pick-me-up I've been needing! When you're going through a hard time, or not seeing the changes when you look in the mirror, it can get discouraging and so easy to give up on yourself. 

My advice: 

1. DON'T! Don't give up. Find any little victory to keep yourself going. Look at the big picture and try to stay focused on why you're on this journey. 


2. There is more to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle than the number on the scale. Track your measurements and take before and after pictures so you can see your progress. I took "before" pictures a little late in the game (after I'd already lost 10 pounds). I haven't looked at those pictures yet. Silly, right? I'm just not ready to see them. But, I know that someday, and that day will come, I'm going to want to look back and remember where I was. 

---

Happy late Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! 

I love this little guy more than words can say and am so grateful to be his Mama! 


He turns 2 in less than 2 weeks!! I just can't believe it! We'll be out of town right around his birthday, so he got an early surprise from Nanny and Poppy yesterday.





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! I'm struggling with the scale watching too. I know my body is changing even though the scale isn't. It's still hard to grasp that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from the Motivation Monday linkup and I started following on google friend connect. Congrats on losing inches! Losing weight on the scale is great, but losing inches is what changes the way your clothes fit!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...