Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Miracle: Day 1 T25 and Healthy

A miracle happened: I completed Day 1 of T25 (for what feels like the hundredth time) and I did not wake up sick today. I was beginning to think that disk was cursed. Hallelujah!

Day 1 of going wheat free was a success. I did have a horrible headache by the end of the day, but that's not uncommon for me and may have nothing to do with the diet change. Wyatt had a night full of night terrors, poor kid. Sleep was minimal last night. I made breakfast in my zombie state and had a piece of toast with my eggs out of habit, completely forgetting that I'm cutting that out. Oops. Honest mistake and moving forward.

Now it's confession time. I weighed in last night for the first time since completing my antibiotics and steroids. I knew I would be up, but I never imagined I would see that scary of a number. Some of that gain is from the steroids. Some is from being nearly completely inactive for a month with illnesses. And some is from making poor choices through those struggles. It was extremely disheartening. I felt really down last night. I had to fight the urge to workout excessively and forced myself to only do T25 and not workout for hours on end.

After completing my workout, I was in better spirits. Instead of wallowing in self pity, I picked myself up off the floor and took my "before" pictures for the program. (I will share pictures and weight at the end of the 10 week program) They were difficult to look at. So much of my hard work erased. But, I took comfort in knowing that I'm stronger than I once was. I've always let my health problems control me. In the past, I would have viewed this as a "sign". That it's just not meant to be and I'd let Lupus win.

That is not who I am anymore. One thing I need to accept, and I'm working on, is that these setbacks are going to happen. Sometimes, it's out of my control. As much as I hated having to go on specific medications, it was necessary. And it will be necessary again in the future. But, as long as I get back to it afterwards, I can and will achieve my goals. It's all a part of the journey and an opportunity for growth. So many have it harder than myself. Look at Dakota... my health problems are nothing compared to what he endures. At least I have the chance to workout and run. My experiences just make me respect and appreciate him more.

Which, I have to share, Dakota took the SILVER in bowling at the Special Olympics this weekend. I'm so extremely proud of him!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for the gain. Just try to take it a day at a time. The past is past, and it happened for at least one or two necessary reasons (the steroids.) Love ya! You got this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...