Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm Baaaack!!

Well, sort of. I still can't breathe through the 'ol nose if my life depended on it and my ears are all plugged up, but I had to get off the couch yesterday and attempt some sort of exercise. I have a 5K coming up, and I'd really like to PR it - so it's time to get my butt into gear, illness or not.

I was going to do something light impact until I felt 100%. Basically, I was looking for excuses. Then Shaun T happened. In case you're sitting there thinking, "Girl, who the heck is this Shaun T person?" He's the creator of Insanity and now T25 (which I'm hoping to get in the near future). Anyways, I've followed him on Facebook and IG for awhile now. I'm fairly certain that he is the most positive person that's ever lived. Seriously. While catching up on his Facebook yesterday, I was motivated to jump all in. Forget this light impact, easy-way-out crap. So, I did Insanity Pure Cardio after work last night. My least favorite of the Insanity DVDs.

I lived. I survived the Insanity, but barely. It's amazing what 10 days off and eating junk can do to your endurance! Yikes. This was a reality check, and I have got to get things together before my 5K. Time for a game plan.

My 5Ks usually land anywhere between 31-33 minutes. This was pre-illness. My goal for the Super Hero 5K on the 31st was to complete it under 31 minutes. After last night's workout, I am very worried about meeting my goal.

My normal workout routine is 2 days of cardio, falling on Wednesday and Saturday, with 4 days of circuit training. Every Wednesday is a short run, and every other Saturday is my long run. I would love to be able to fit more runs in, but for now they can only happen while Wyatt is spending time with his dad.

So, in order to feel ready for my 5K, I'm going to be switching things ups. I hope to get some circuit training in, but for the most part, I will be concentrating on cardio for the next two weeks to help get my endurance back up. Normally, I would not be running this weekend, but I've arranged for a sitter (AKA Grandma) for an hour Saturday morning to get some miles in. .

Fingers crossed that this does the trick!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm sure you felt like death. I HATE being sick. I wish you quick fitness recovery so you can reach your 5k goal of 31 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Way to jump right back in - you're amazing!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Shaun T! Good for you for getting back up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shaun T. I saw his video on YouTube and the workout is great even though a little bit strenuous for me. Great to hear that you're doing fine.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...