Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I made the most delicious stuffed peppers this weekend. There were a few green peppers that needed to be used in the fridge, so I threw some things together for a filling. It turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Stuffed Peppers

4-5 Peppers ( I only had 3 peppers, but there was enough filling for more)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
Chopped onion
Corn
1 cup instant brown rice
1/2 cup water
1/2-3/4 cup Greek yogurt

Brown meat with diced onion. Drain any fat and add tomatoes and corn. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add brown rice and water. Cover and remove from heat. Leave covered for 10 minutes. Mix in greek yogurt. Fill peppers and put in 350 degree oven. 
Bake for 20-30 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella over top and put back in oven until melted. 

Approximately 288 calories per pepper. 

---------

I've also added a "Recipes" tab at the top with a couple others. I'll be adding more soon! 

I should specify that I don't eat "clean" in the way that many define that term. Clean eating for me is staying clear of as much processed, pre-packaged food as possible.  I'm trying to only eat foods that have real nutritional value, with an occasional treat or splurge from time to time. I don't believe in fully depriving yourself. If I tried to eat only healthy foods, no junk what-so-ever, I would go off the deep end and it wouldn't be pretty. Great for people that can do that; however, I am not one of them!

Typically, for breakfast, I try to eat protein and high fiber food. Usually oatmeal, eggs, fruit. Something like that. Lunch is almost always a big salad with a side of fruit. I use salsa instead of dressing since it has less calories and more nutritional value. Dinner is a variety of  things and usually my bigger meal since Wyatt and I sit down together. 

-----

In Wyatt news, we have had a tragic accident. 


Wyatt thought Woody would like to go swimming, unfortunately he was unaware that Woody has an unfortunate water allergy. Sadly, he is no longer ticklish and whether or not he will keep his voice remains to be seen. #prayforwoody











10 comments:

  1. You know, actually, after the 3rd or 4th day of absolutely no sugar/grain, your body truly does lose all cravings for it. It's like a miracle! Not to push, just to let you know that so many people discover this, it really isn't an anomaly and you really could do it. :) And here's a great, healthier stuffed bell peppers recipe: http://www.skynsurf.com/2013/05/i-havent-really-shared-recipes-yet-but.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've cut all those things out in the past. I refuse to this time and no longer believe in cutting out things you enjoy. Moderation is key in my book. :) Thanks for reading and sharing the recipe. I'm always looking for new recipes.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting what you eat. I am always super curious what others do. We will be trying your recipe when I am done with this crazy cleanse. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look good. I love green peppers and have never tried stuffed peppers!!!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. I will try with green, yellow, orange and red peppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating on our link up! I can't wait to try these out!! I haven't done stuffed peppers yet!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...